Spork Rating: 3
- Neighborhood: South Shore (Hingham)
- Cuisine: Italian
- Price: Affordable. Appetizers $9-15, entrees $19-30
- Hours: Open Daily 5pm-9pm or later
- Reservations: Yes, large parties via phone.
- Recommended For Dining With: Toddlers, kids
Just footsteps from Hingham Harbor sits Caffe Tosca, one of two Italian powerhouses located on North Street in Hingham. Caffe Tosca, the less formal (and in turn less expensive) sister of Tosca across the street, delivers top notch food in a kid-friendly atmosphere with options to suit any age. It focuses on simple regional comfort food, the type you might find in the diverse regions of Italy, from Tuscany to Sicily.
Caffe Tosca is wonderful year round – in the colder months, the atmosphere is cozy with floor to ceiling windows offering a glimpse into the world outside. In the warmer months, the outdoor patio at Caffe Tosca is decorated with little white lights offering a cheerful atmosphere to enjoy delish delights.
Not bad. Caffe Tosca is accommodating to children but certainly not catered to children. Plastic cups are provided for drinks, but there is no kid menu. The coziness of Caffe Tosca lends itself to older children, or toddlers who are accustomed to eating out. In saying that, they do have high chairs for younger visitors.
The food offers a glimpse into regional Italian cooking, with a clear comfort food style. Wood grilled flatbread pizzas line tables and the bar as starters, and provide a great option for dinner for the little ones. Caffe Tosca has a variety of offerings across pasta, seafood, beef and daily specials that highlight fresh flavors.
- Eggplant Parmesan (light and fluffy with a touch of truffle – a big fan fave)
- Lobster Tagliatelle
- Spaghetti and Mama Decarli’s Meatballs
- Pan Seared Scallops
Not available, however there are plenty of options on the main menu to make this a kid-friendly Italian option on the south shore. From pizzas to half servings of pasta, you’ll find an option here for little palates.
- Hingham Harbor
- Downtown Hingham
- Hingham Shipyard
- High chairs
- Located conveniently just off Route 3A
- Parking is available in lot behind Caffe Tosca or Tosca, as well as street parking