Spork Rating: 5
- Neighborhood: Jamaica Plain
- Cuisine: American
- Price: Affordable. Appetizers $4-14, entrees $10-21
- Hours: Open daily 4pm-1am. Saturday and Sunday brunch 10:30am-3pm.
- Reservations: Reservations are accepted for parties of 6 or more or for special occasions. Call the restaurant for more information.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
Step into this wide open, industrial-looking space and you’ll instantly feel a bit more hip. The exposed brick, large windows and reclaimed wood bar and wall accents add a warm and inviting feel to the restaurant’s minimalist design. Much of the decor is made from recycled materials, including the “111 Navy Chair” made of 111 recycled Coke bottles. You’ll likely notice chalkboards throughout this sustainably-run eatery, used to display anything from the ever-evolving drink menu and menu additions, to upcoming events, like Sunday night movie screenings. A great spot for weekend brunch or dinner any night of the week, Canary Square is an inviting eatery that will inspire you to embrace your inner hipster.
Really great. This family-friendly Jamaica Plain restaurant does a wonderful job of catering to kids in this family-filled neighborhood. You’ll be welcomed with offers of high chairs, boosters, crayons, kid’s cups and more.
You’ll find many classic American favorites as well as some new takes on old favorites. The menu offers snacks ($4-$8), apps ($9-14) and a few salads, as well as sandwiches and entrees ($10-$21). From sustainably-raised meats to tasty vegetarian options, you’ll feel good ordering any item on this delicious menu. Your taste buds will sing with the:
- Black Bean Burger
- Fresh Fettuccini
- Pulled Pork Tacos
The kid’s menu at Canary Square offers rotating variations of the usual kiddie favorites, including pastas, burger and fries, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, chicken options and more. Priced from $5-$8, items come with a drink and ice cream. Want to involve some veggies in the meal? Just ask your server what’s available.
- Arnold Arboretum
- Jamaica Pond
- Olmsted Parks
- Franklin Park Zoo
- Larz Anderson Park
- MSPCA Angell Animal Medical Center
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Changing tables
- Stroller storage
- High chairs
- T accessible
- Kid’s menu
- Canary Square is T accessible by multiple lines, including:
- Orange Line to Stony Brook Station (7-10 minute walk)
- Green Line’s E train to Heath Street Station (7-10 minute walk)
- MBTA buses to S. Huntington @ Perkins St (39) or Centre @ Perkins (41)
- Street parking is relatively easy to find in this neighborhood. Just make sure to check the street signs to avoid getting a pricey ticket for parking in an area reserved for JP residents.