Spork Rating: 5
- Neighborhood: Coolidge Corner
- Cuisine: Bar/Comfort
- Price: Affordable
- Hours: Open Tues-Sat from 5pm until 12 midnight or later. Sunday brunch at 11am. Closed Mondays.
- Reservations: Yes. Reservations by phone for Thurs-Sat. Reservations are not generally needed during the week, but call ahead if you have a larger party.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
Looking for a bar for grownups that happens to also be a child friendly restaurant? Welcome to Hops N Scotch. The polished wood and large windows in this bright and open 2 level establishment are complemented by a tasty menu filled with interesting twists on comfort food favorites . As the name suggests, the full bar has a heavy focus on scotch and beer, rounded out with a selection of wines and other spirits. Hops N Scotch is very kid friendly, often seating kids upstairs.
We’ve found that Hops N Scotch generally seats parties with kids upstairs. Ask for a table by the window so the kiddies can look out from above as the Green Line trolleys, traffic and people buzz by on the ground below.
Fantastic. Efficient, friendly and helpful. There’s plenty of room for stroller storage by the 1st floor restrooms and even an elevator if you don’t feel like hoofing it up the stairs.
This comfort-filled food changes with the seasons but maintains a few staples. Some of our favorites include:
- Catfish Po’ Boy
- Scotch Eggs
- Fried Chicken
There’s no formal kid’s menu at Hops N Scotch, but between the grilled cheese, fried chicken, mac and cheese, burgers and veggie side dishes, you’re sure to find something even for the picky eaters at this child friendly restaurant.
- JFK Birthplace
- Boston University
- Boston College
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Changing tables
- Stroller storage
- High chairs
- T accessible
- T accessible by the Green Line’s C Line, Coolidge Corner stop.
- Metered parking is available along Beacon Street and surrounding side streets. There’s also several municipal/metered parking lots in the neighborhood.