- Neighborhood: Arlington Center
- Cuisine: American, Comfort
- Price: Affordable — Appetizers $5-18, entrees $8-21
- Hours: Every day, 11:00 am – 12:00 am
- Reservations: Yes, via website or on the phone, parties of 5 or more only
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
A warm gastro-pub atmosphere and a menu that satisfies almost any taste makes Common Ground a welcome addition to family-friendly Arlington Center. With a menu packed with comfort-food favorites and 18 beers on draught (and more in cans and bottles), even the pickiest diners and beer drinkers should find something satisfying. The wait staff genuinely seems to enjoy kid patrons and will often help keep them entertained if the food is taking a little longer than optimal.
Fantastic! In addition to plenty of high chairs and a kid’s menu with lots of options, the staff is great with little ones at this family-friendly Arlington restaurant. Service can occasionally be a little slow, but is always friendly and accommodating of kids needs.
Common Ground has something for everyone. Sandwiches are where they shine, though appetizers and soups and salads are also excellent.
- The grilled pork loin tacos are a great appetizer to share, or could also double as lunch, especially if paired with a side salad or cup of soup
- Sandwiches! Don’t miss their homemade veggie burger, the fried chicken BLT, and the Roast Turkey Panini
- On a chilly day you can’t beat the tomato soup and grilled cheese combo
- Tater tots are pretty great (you could substitute tots for a salad if you are feeling healthy)
The kid’s menu offers a variety of options for little eaters of all taste preferences, all in the $6 – $7 range. The veggie burger is excellent and is the same size as the one on the main menu, just served without the relish and pesto mayo. Kids will also enjoy the tater tots off the sides menu.
- Regent Theater
- Minuteman Bikeway
- Spy Pond
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Stroller storage
- High chairs
- Kid’s menu
- Private room available for parties and events
- Limited two hour street parking available in front of the restaurant.
- Metered parking in the Russell Common Parking Lot, 78-92 Chestnut Street
- MBTA 77 Bus