Spork Rating: 4
- Neighborhood: Beyond Boston/North Shore
- Cuisine: American
- Price: Affordable – Appetizers $5- $13, Entrees $17-$29
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 4-9pm, Friday and Saturday 4-10pm, Sunday 4-9pm, Closed Mondays
- Reservations: Yes for parties of 8 or more via phone
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, kids
Looking for a kid friendly restaurant on the North Shore? Want a cool and cozy vibe? Good food and hassle-free parking? Check out Crave located in the heart of downtown Amesbury. Less than 5 minutes off of 95 and 495, Crave is a great alternative to the pricier and touristy options in Newburyport. Housed in a renovated 1850s train station, Crave holds it’s own in atmosphere, cuisine and drink. And with a menu featuring farm-fresh produce and seasonal menu items, it is easy to see why Crave is a favorite with locals.
Good. The staff greets kids warmly, asking them if they want crayons and paper. This kid-friendly restaurant on the North Shore will offer suggestions if an item on the menu isn’t exactly what your child wants. It’s a cozy spot for dining, which can be a good thing for some children so they are not over stimulated.
Everything is locally-sourced and made from scratch daily. How many places can tell you the food was picked from a farm half-mile up the road for you to enjoy? For example, one entree includes swiss chard, cherry and beefsteak tomatoes, potatoes and asparagus. Since everything is made to order, entrees can be tweaked to be gluten-free or dairy-free. Just be sure to ask your sever when ordering. Menu is subject to change daily based on fish and produce availability.
- Beef tenderloin tartare with micro arugula and crostini
- Butternut squash ravioli with sage cream and sautéed local swiss chard
- Panzanella Salad with tuna
Crave offers a kid’s menu consisting of standard kid-fare such as Hamburgers, Pasta, Grilled Cheese and Chicken Fingers. $8 gets you a beverage of your choice, entree and a scoop of vanilla ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry on top
- Cider Hill Farm
- The Riverwalk
- Amesbury Sports Park
- Lowells Boat Shop
- Strollers access/parking
- High chairs
- Kid’s menu
- Minutes from 95 and 495
- Plenty of free parking in the large lot abutting the restaurant