Spork Rating: 5
- Neighborhood: Somerville
- Cuisine: American
- Price: Affordable. Salads are around $6. Pizza’s range from $8 for a small to $18.50 for a whole.
- Hours: Open 7 days a week 11:30am-11:30pm (Sundays close at 10:30pm). Bowling Hours 9am-Midnight (Sundays close at 10:30pm).
- Reservations: Yes (for large parties). Candlepin bowling lanes can only be reserved for parties of 10 or more.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, Toddlers and Kids
Pizza joints are inherently family friendly restaurants. Most kids love pizza and most parents love how they are no-fuss and affordable. But rarely can you find a pizza place that offers a perfect combination of insanely great pies, a great selection of local craft beers, plus a popular family activity: bowling. Enter Flatbread Pizza – a local artisanal pizza chain with locations scattered throughout New England and a Hawaiian outpost. Ever since Flatbread took over the gritty but much loved Sacco’s Bowl Haven in Somerville, families and hipsters alike have been flocking to Flatbread’s in Somerville.
Fantastic. There are plenty of highchairs and booster seats. Servers are armed with cups of crayons and blank sheets of paper at this family friend restaurant. Kids’ artwork is used for the Flatbread’s menus as well as wall art.
Flatbread offers nine signature pizzas, daily special pizzas, plus create your own in small ($8-$10.75) and whole ($13-$18.50), which feeds two hungry adults. Flatbread pizzas are made from organic, locally sourced ingredients. Flatbread also serves a house organic salad $6 and daily special salads.
- Organic Salad
- Jay’s Heart
- Mopsy’s Kalua Pork Pie
- Housemade Sausage
Flatbread does not have a kid’s menu, but their pizzas can be tailored to any taste. Drinks come in plastic cups with lids – a sign of a family friendly restaurant. And desserts are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Davis Square
- Sacco’s Bowl Haven
- Somerville Theater
- Booster Seats
- Changing tables
- Bowling alley
- MBTA Red Line to Davis Square
- Plenty of metered parking and municipal lots