Spork Rating: 5
- Neighborhood: Needham Center
- Cuisine: Deli/Diner
- Price: Cheap Eats. Breakfast: $8 and under. Lunch: Most items $10 and under.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 6:30am-3pm, Sat 7am-3pm, Sun 7am-1pm
- Reservations: No
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
If you’re in the Needham area and looking for tasty, fast and local restaurant for breakfast or lunch, Fresco is your place. The simple decor and primarily booth-style seating gives you a comfy spot to order up breakfast favorites in the morning and traditional lunch items for the afternoon–many with a Mediterranean twist.
Greene’s Field is located a quick 2 block walk from Fresco and is a great playground and outdoor space pre- or post-meal. It is also a great spot to visit if the wait for a table is more than 10 minutes and the little ones need to burn off some energy.
Great. This place is ready and willing to accommodate the little guys with a smile. The staff will quickly grab a high chair or booster if you need one and there’s plenty of people watching and action from the semi-open kitchen to keep the kids entertained.
This is traditional diner fare, with eggs, omelettes and pancakes dominating the breakfast menu, and sandwiches and salads making up the majority of the lunch menu. Fresco does a good job of keeping the fruits and veggies fresh and serving up crisp and tasty bacon–a necessity for a good breakfast spot. Our favorites include:
- Any omelette
- Pancakes with the fruit of your choice
- Lunch salads
Check out the “For the Little Ones” section of the main menu. Available for breakfast and lunch, there are a decent number of options for the kids, and at $3-6 each, they even come with a choice of beverage. The lunch options are pretty traditional kid-friendly restaurant fare, and the breakfast menu provides a substantial number of choices for the little ones who like to order their own meal.
- Needham Bowlaway
- Cutler Park
- Greene’s Field
- Rosemary Lake and Pool Complex
- Needham Tennis Club
- Needham High School
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Changing tables
- Stroller storage
- High chairs
- T accessible
- Kid’s menu
- T accessible via the Commuter Rail’s Needham Line, Needham Center station
- Metered parking is relatively easy to come by in this suburban town center