Spork Rating: 5
- Neighborhood: Cambridge
- Cuisine: American
- Price: Affordable. Lunch items range from $4 for cup of soup to $12 for lunch specials. Dinner menu ranges from $10 salads to $20 entrées. Kid’s menu items between $5-$7 (including fruit salad and carrot sticks)
- Hours: Lunch served Mon-Friday, 11:30-2:30. Dinner served daily from 5pm-9pm. Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday from 9am-2:30pm.
- Reservations: Yes
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, Toddlers and Kids
When a restaurant gets equally high praises for over 15 years from Gourmet Magazine to The Boston Globe, to Daily Candy Kids and local families as a top kid-friendly Cambridge restaurant, then you know they are doing something right. Full Moon has it all when it comes to dining out with kids: ever-changing menu featuring seasonal ingredients, play space, craft beer and wine, sippy cups, kid’s menu and a gracious staff.
Fantastic. The highchairs are stacked high. Each table comes with crayons, white craft paper, and a plastic bucket of toys. And it’s hard to miss the play space in the back.
During peak hours, the dining room at this kid-friendly Cambridge restaurant can get pretty loud. There is a corner tucked behind the register screened off for diners (mostly without kids) who want to eat in some peace and quiet.
The menu is extensive, which changes seasonally and includes daily specials. The soup of the day comes with freshly baked Iggy’s bread ($4 for a cup). Dinner items run the gamut from Grilled Sirloin with Blue cheese Butter and Fries ($20), to Pernil Cubano (slow cooked latin-spiced shredded pork with mixed rice and beans – $20), to Penne Puttanesca ($17).
- Soup of the Day
- Huevos Rancheros
- Grilled Sirloin with Blue Cheese Butter, Fries and Arugula Salad
- Mussels & Portuguese Chorizo in Smoky Tomato Cumin Stew
The kid’s menu includes the basics – mac & cheese ($7), hot dog & fries ($5), chicken fingers & fries ($7), cheese pizza ($6) and cheddar quesadilla ($5). All items are served with fresh melon, orange and carrot sticks. Although nothing adventurous, everything is made from scratch and comes out quickly.
- Huron Village
- Magic Beans
- Formaggio Kitchen
- Booster Seats
- Changing tables
- Play space
- Kid’s menu
- #72 Bus from Harvard Square takes you right to the front door
- Street parking is available on Huron Ave. Limited spots on side streets.