Spork Rating: 4
- Neighborhood: Arlington Center
- Cuisine: Cafe/Coffee House
- Price: Cheap Eats, $6 – $8 for a sandwich
- Hours: Monday – Saturday 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM; Sunday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Reservations: No
- Recommended for Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
Kickstand Cafe is a relatively new addition to Arlington Center, located in the space that was previously Jam’n Java, located on the bike path. This kid-friendly Arlington spot offers improved coffee, espresso drinks, sandwiches, soups, and pastries. In the early morning, the space can get crowded with commuters getting their coffee and breakfast on the way to work. But by 9:00 AM, the rush hour crowd clears out and this becomes “the place to be” for parents and young children. Free WiFi also makes this a popular spot for students and writers to work.
Great. We counted five high chairs at this kid-friendly Arlington spot, and the layout is spacious enough to allow for a stroller pulled up to the table. The staff are friendly and the bathroom offers a changing table.
In addition to fresh brewed coffee (in real mugs!), Kickstand offers a variety of sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, and pastries. Each day they offer two to three types of soup, generally one vegetarian and one not. Favorites include:
- Vietnamese Fresh Rolls (their specialty)
- Bagel sandwiches
- Seasonal soups
There is no specific kids’ menu at Kickstand Cafe, but there are several options that kids will enjoy. The Happy Bee Sandwich is peanut butter, banana, and honey on multi-grain bread. They also offer grilled cheese with a variety of added veggies or bacon.
- Arlington Center Shops
- Minuteman Bike Path
- Spy Pond
- High Chairs
- Changing Table
- Room for strollers
- Kickstand Cafe is located along the Minuteman Bike Path
- There is a parking lot with several spaces, or 1 hour parking on the streets nearby
- Several bus lines run by Kickstand Cafe: 350, 67, 77, 79, 80, 87