Spork Rating: 4
- Neighborhood: Coolidge Corner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Price: Cheap Eats. Everything under $12.
- Hours: Mon – Sat 11AM – 10PM, Sunday 11-9pm
- Reservations: No. Just order at the counter and grab the open table of your choice.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers and kids.
This tasty and kid-friendly restaurant in Brookline serves up a variety of traditional Mexican street food, including some of the best fish tacos in Boston. All of the sauces, salsas and rubs are made from scratch and they offer choices for meat and seafood eaters as well as delicious vegetarian options. They also feature a variety of Mexican beers and aquas frescas, the perfect accompaniment whether you choose a table inside or one of the 4-5 tables out on the sidewalk.
Fantastic. This kid-friendly restaurant in Brookline with a quick and easy aspect, plus happy employees–not to mention the prices–make it a perfect choice for a quick, fresh and delicious family meal.
The menu always has the standard tacos, cemitas and quesadillas and weaves in seasonal side dishes as well as a seasonal catch for the grilled fish tacos. Favorites include:
- Any of the tacos. Our favorites include dorado, chorizo and zucchini and red pepper.
- Elote (seasonal)
- Yuca chips (seasonal)
Dorado offers a number of kid-friendly menu options. There are kid’s tacos in steak, chicken, fish or cheese–similar to the regular tacos, but without the spice, heat, and many of the garnishes. There are also a ton of quesadilla options that should be a hit, and the Mexican rice and beans are also crowd pleasers.
- JFK Birthplace
- Boston University
- Boston College
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Stroller storage
- High chairs
- T accessible
- Kid’s menu
- T accessible by the Green Line: C Line’s Cooldige Corner stop or B Line’s Harvard Ave. stop
- Metered parking is available along Harvard Street and surrounding side streets.