Spork Rating: 5
- Neighborhood: South Shore/Hingham
- Cuisine: American, Comfort
- Price: Affordable. Appetizers $5-12, entrees $10-24
- Hours: Open daily, 11am-midnight or later.
- Reservations: Yes, via phone and their website.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
With 7 locations (and counting) in and around Boston, the Beer Works franchise is becoming a Boston tradition. While the original Fenway location and Canal Street locations may be well known and loved in the city, the ‘burbs can also partake in Bunker Hill Blueberry Ale in Hingham, Salem, Lowell and Framingham. Each location has a similar look and feel and menu, with special beers themed around the specific neighborhood/town. The Hingham Shipyard location is large, with separate bar and dining areas, plus fun features like a gas fireplace. There are large windows on all sides, and a sizable patio, both of which overlook the water and boats coming and going in the Shipyard.
Wonderful. Crayons and paper are the standard, as are plastic cups with lids, welcoming smiles, and all of the amenities you need to be a truly family-friendly restaurant.
Devotees of the Beer Works flock to this kid-friendly Hingham Shipyard location for Beer Works-brewed beers and a wide variety of upscale pub food, including salads, sandwiches, burgers, entrees and more. In Hingham you’ll also find locally-themed beers like Minot Light and World’s End IPA. Favorites include:
- The Green Monster
- Blueberry Ale
- Sour Cream & Chive fries
- El Paso Chicken Salad
The kid’s menu is available at all locations, and offers many kid’s menu staples, plus some more evolved options, such as steak tips and ribs. All items are a very reasonable $5-8, and most come with a side. Kid-specific desserts are also available, including a $1 Hoodsie cup.
- Hingham Shipyard includes activities such as a movie theater, mini golf, playground, shopping and many dining options
- MBTA commuter boat to Boston
- Bare Cove Park
- World’s End
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Changing tables
- Stroller storage
- High chairs
- T accessible (via boat, weekday only)
- Kid’s menu
- MBTA accessible via the Higham/Rowes Wharf commuter boat (weekdays only).
- There’s a smattering of parking spaces along the road, with a large parking lot on the other side of the adjacent shopping area.