Spork Rating: 2
- Neighborhood: South End, Chestnut Hill and Dedham
- Cuisine: French
- Price: Splurge. Appetizers $7-14, entrees $20-30
- Hours: Lunch: Mon-Fri: 11:30am-3pm, Brunch: Sat-Sun: 10am – 3pm, Dinner: Sun-Wed: 5:30-10pm, Thu-Sat: 5:30 – 11pm
- Reservations: Yes. Via phone, the restaurant website and OpenTable.
- Recommended For Dining With: Kids
Aquitaine is modeled after a traditional French bistro, serving perfectly-sized portions of French favorites. Nestled in the heart of the cozy South End, Aquitaine isn’t by any means hostile towards dining out with little ones, but may not be the most kid-friendly French restaurant option in the area. Unlike its Chestnut Hill and Dedham sisters, highchairs are not available at the South End location, though they do offer booster seats. Whether it is a lack of storage space, a simple oversight, or a gentle way of letting you know this isn’t the place for your wee ones, we recommend saving this spot for a date night.
Luke Warm. They don’t tell you not to bring the kiddos, but they don’t go out of their way to welcome the little ones. They don’t offer high chairs, so best to leave the smaller crowd at home.
The menu is a collection of French favorites with a regular rotation of Plat du Jours. Check out:
- Onion soup
- Steak Frites
There’s no kids menu at this spot. If your little ones aren’t opposed to rich flavors, they will do fine ordering from the appetizers and sides or splitting a main dish.
- Valet parking
- T accessible
- Boston Ballet
- Copley Square
- Boston Center for the Arts
- T accessible by 2 lines: the Orange Line’s Back Bay stop or the Green Line’s Copley stop.
- Parking in this urban neighborhood can be tricky. If you drive, we recommend Aquitaine’s valet service, available evenings for a $16 charge.