Spork Rating: 4
- Neighborhood: Brookline Village
- Cuisine: Italian
- Price: Splurge. Appetizers $4-12, entrees $19-25
- Hours: Mon-Fri 5:30-10pm or later, Sat 5:30-10:30pm, Sun 5:00-9:00pm
- Reservations: Yes. Via phone or OpenTable.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers and kids
This semi-hidden gem serves traditional Northern Italian fare with a focus on fresh and local ingredients, making this kid friendly restaurant well worth the trip to Brookline for a great meal. Although the menu changes with the seasons, you’ll see a few key staples year-round, and La Morra has one of the more extensive and interesting Italian wine menus outside of the North End. Arrive for one of the earlier seatings and you’ll likely have the place all to yourself for a while. La Morra has two levels of seating, with the smaller downstairs dining/bar area filling up first.
Great. They’ll work with you to get settled, bus boys will wave to your kids as they walk by and wait staff won’t bat an eye if your kiddo drops multiple rounds of utensils on the floor – a sure sign of a kid friendly restaurant.
The menu consists of cicchetti (small plates), antipasti, primi (pastas) and secondi (main courses). While traditional flavors can be found throughout, there are also lots of new twists and surprising takes on Italian classics. Favorites include:
- Tagliatelle Al Ragu–a bolognese thick house made pasta and chunks of meat.
- Squash blossoms (summer)
- Seasonal risottos
There’s no official kid’s menu, but with the variety of pastas (available in ½ portions), sides, small plates and more, you’re bound to find something to please everyone. Have a picky eater on your hands? Ask your server for the available options.
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Longwood Medical Area
- Riverway/Olmsted Parks
- Larz Anderson Park
- High chairs
- Valet Parking
- T accessible
- T accessible from the Green Line’s D Line, Brookline Village stop.
- Valet parking is available for an $8 Thurs-Sat nights. Sunday-Wednesday diners can park in the valet lot, located just next door to the restaurant.
- There’s generally plenty of parking along Route 9/Boylston St.