Spork Rating: 3
- Neighborhood: Beyond Boston (Waltham)
- Cuisine: Deli/Diner
- Price: Affordable. Breakfast options $3-8. Sandwiches range $10-13.75
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday – 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Reservations: No
- Recommended For Dining With: Kids
Waltham’s Moody Street, located in downtown Waltham, is known for its collection of eateries and mom-and-pop shops. New to the scene – and making a splash – is Moody’s Delicatessen & Provisions. Since opening in late 2013, Moody’s has become a destination for hand-crafted sandwiches and artisan cured meats. Walk into this kid-friendly Waltham restaurant and you instantly know these guys are serious about charcuterie. Take a bite into one of their gourmet sandwiches, and you will discover Moody’s is serving up some of the best sandwiches in Boston.
Good. The friendly staff at this kid-friendly Waltham restaurant is happy to answer questions and offer suggestions for little ones. Moody’s does not offer a lot of your usual kid amenities such as high chairs or an extensive kids menu, but families will feel comfortable at this casual and cozy deli.
As the porcine decor and cured meats hint, Moody’s sandwich menu is heavy on house-cured meat. While there are some salad and vegetarian sandwich options, patrons come to Moody’s for their insanely good meat creations expertly placed between two pieces of Iggy’s bread. Moody’s also serves breakfast sandwiches, including their award-winning Pork Roll Breakfast sandwich. Other favorites include:
- The Katz – Pastrami with pickle mustard, swiss cheese on rye
- Spicy Cuban – Smoked ham, pulled pork, chipotle aioli, mustard, swiss cheese, sweet pickles on ciabatta
- Bahn Mi – 48 hour sous vide pork belly, country pate, smoked pork, daikon, carrots, sriracha aioli on ciabatta
- The Beast – super slow roasted beef with onion marmalade, horseradish crema and fotina cheese
This kid-friendly Waltham restaurant offers a kid’s grilled cheese for $5 or hot dog. For more adventurous eaters, kids can order off the main menu. Just be prepared and know Moody’s does not skimp on the meat.
- Embassy cinema
- Gore Place
- Charles River Museum of Industry and Innovation
- Kid menu options
- There is plenty of street parking directly on Moody Street.
- There are also several parking lots, including 2 separate municipal lots on Chestnut street, a short 2 minute walk from the deli.
- 70 bus to Waltham Center