Spork Rating: 4
- Neighborhood: Davis Square
- Cuisine: BBQ
- Price: Cheap Eats-Moderate. Lunch menu ranges from $2.99-$13.99. Starters range from $2.99-$8.50. Sandwiches (solo) $7.99 . BBQ (regular) $10.99-$19.99. All kids meals are $4.95
- Hours: Lunch served daily at 11:30am (noon on Sundays). Dinner served from 4:00pm ’til 12:30am. Late night menu served every night until 12:30am
- Reservations: No
- Recommended For Dining With: Toddlers and Kids
Loved by many (but not so much by some BBQ purists), it is hard to deny the appeal of Redbones. Where else can you get a pile of downhome-style southern food on the cheap in a funky space? Opened in 1987, Redbones is a kid-friendly restaurant with a well-established destination in Davis Square. The place is known for its honest food and unique kind of southern hospitality. And for no one leaving hungry.
Very good. Young diners are given plastic containers filled with crayons, a coloring sheet and kids menu.
The menu is extensive, including a huge selection of traditional apps and sides such as hushpuppies ($2.99) and collard greens ($4.99). Sandwiches, solo or served with beans and potato salad, include everything from Pulled Pork, to Fried Catfish, to Portabello Mushroom (less than $10). There’s a selection of meaty ribs, varied in style from Texas, Memphis, Arkansas and St. Louis (regular plates: $16.99-$23.99). Can’t decide? Order a combo ($16.99-$21.99).
- Buffalo Shrimp
- Fried Catfish Sandwich Plate
- BBQ Belt
Kids menu includes your choice of one meal, one side and a drink for $4.95. Meals include chicken fingers, hot dogs, baby back ribs, catfingers, and pulled pork, chicken or BBQ beef sandwiches. Sides includes your choice of fries, potato salad, mac ‘n cheese, coleslaw or broccoli.
- Davis Squre
- Bowling at Flatbread Pizza
- Somerville Theater
- Booster Seats
- Changing tables
- Kid’s menu
- T accessible
- T accessible by the red line (Davis Square)
- Metered street parking and parking lots nearby