- Neighborhood: South Shore (Scituate Harbor)
- Cuisine: American
- Price: Splurge. Appetizers $10-15, entrees $18-30
- Hours: 5:00-9pm or later Wed-Monday, Sun brunch 11am-3pm. Closed Tuesdays.
- Reservations: Yes via phone and OpenTable.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
Nestled in charming Scituate Harbor, ORO mixes a sophisticated atmosphere and upscale American cuisine with the laid back feel of the beach. Opened in 2010 by a husband/wife team with an impressive list of West Coast and Boston area restaurants on their resumes, ORO is named after their son Owen Robert. The interior is cozy, beachy and open, with just enough swank to make mom and dad feel like grown ups.
In summer months, be sure to make a reservation any night of the week. In the off season (October-April), you’ll likely be able to get an early walk-in table, even on weekends. Arrive after 6pm and you’ll likely find a packed house with no available tables.
Great. This kid-friendly South Shore restaurant welcomes kids of all ages. The host staff proactively offer crayons and coloring sheets while servers follow up with kiddie cups. Many of the super friendly staff have kids of their own.
Fresh, locally sourced, seasonal and delicious sum up this menu. It may be small in size, but it is big in taste. Oro works with local fisherman (one of which also happens to be their pastry chef), and local farms to bring local food to the table in tasty preparations. While the location of this kid-friendly Scituate restaurant may be a stone’s throw from the ocean, the non-seafood offerings are equally fresh and tasty. The menu changes, but some regular favorites include:
- Misto del Mar
- Truffled Potato Gnocchi
- Seafood Cioppino
There’s no kid’s menu, but just ask your server for available options, which usually cover pasta (red sauce or butter and parmesan), a grilled cheese and a few others, depending on what’s available in the kitchen that night.
- Scituate Harbor and beaches
- Scituate Lighthouse
- Mill Wharf Cinemas
- Widow’s Walk Golf Course
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Stroller storage (ask the host for assistance)
- High chairs
- A large public parking lot is located directly behind the restaurant with a few other scattered around the Harbor area