- Neighborhood: South End
- Cuisine: American, Comfort
- Price: Affordable to splurge. Dinner appetizers $8-15, entrees $15-25
- Hours: Mon-Fri 11:30am-12 midnight or later. Saturday and Sunday Brunch 10am-3pm and dinner until 11pm or later.
- Reservations: Yes via phone or OpenTable.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
The younger sister of well-known Stephanie’s on Newbury, Stephi’s on Tremont is a gleaming, warm and modern gem that welcomes the tots while catering to mom and dad. At this kid-friendly South End restaurant, you’ll have your choice of traditional table seating, comfy leather booths, and sidewalk dining in the warmer months–a perfect spot for some prime people-watching. The atmosphere is polished but fun, with the bar crowd flocking in as the day gets later.
Really great. The hostess will offer to stash your (folded up) stroller and automatically provide a combo children’s menu/coloring sheet and crayons, the wait staff arrives toting a kid’s cup of water, the kitchen can easily cater to kid-friendly menu substitutions and the entire staff will smile and welcome the little ones.
The menu at this kid-friendly south end restaurant is all about American comfort foods with a touch of fun. Lunch offers sandwich and salad selections galore, as well as a few apps and entrees. Dinner maintains similar salad selections (large enough to be your meal) and many more comfort food selections and dinner specialities. Brunch serves up the classics as well as some tasty lunch options. You can’t go wrong with:
- Mac and cheese (ask if they can do it truffled)
- The salads
- The meatloaf
Stephi’s kid’s menu offers some great options for lunch, dinner or brunch, all for $7. The kitchen is happy to make substitutions (think strawberries in junior’s pancakes instead of chocolate chips) to help make everyone happy. Don’t see what you want on the menu? Ask your server for other available options.
- Boston Ballet
- Copley Square
- Boston Center for the Arts
- South End Historical District
- SoWa Market
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Stroller storage
- High chairs
- Valet parking
- T accessible
- Kid’s menu
Need to change a diaper? Just ask the staff to direct you to the handicap accessible bathroom on the main floor tucked behind the bar. There’s no changing table in the restaurant, but this single stall bathroom has extra floor space and is not used as often as the main bathrooms.
- T accessible from multiple lines:
- 5-7 minute walk from the Orange Line’s Back Bay Station
- 10 minute walk from the Green Line’s Copley Station
- 5-7 minute walk from the Silver Line’s Union Park stop
- Parking can be tight in this urban neighborhood. You may be able to find metered parking on Tremont street or a visitor spot on one of the nearby side streets.
- Stephi’s offers valet parking starting at 5pm for a fee of $16 (cash only).