Spork Rating: 4
- Neighborhood: Coolidge Corner
- Cuisine: American
- Price: Cheap Eats. Appetizers $8-16, entrees $11-22
- Hours: Open daily at 11:30 for lunch and dinner. Weekend brunch served 9am-3pm.
- Reservations: No. If it is busy, put your name in at the host station.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
A fixture in Coolidge Corner for nearly 20 years, The Coolidge Corner Clubhouse is a kid-friendly pub, sports bar and restaurant. Affectionately known as the CCC, this Brookline institution is a great place to watch any sport you can think of. With 20 flat screen TVs, CCC is a cozy, friendly and welcoming spot for watching a game with friends, family, and yes–even kids. Catering to a diverse clientele, on any given day you’ll find a great mix of locals, families, singles, and college kids bellying up to the bar, cheering on their favorite teams, and enjoying the huge menu of American pub classics.
Really great. The owner has 3 kids of his own, which explains much of the welcoming vibe, the unexpected changing table in the (very small) bathroom, and the great staff that doesn’t seem to be phased when a 3 year old wants to lay down in the middle of the dining room.
The menu is kid-friendly pub/American bar fare, and follows a sports theme all the way. With many items named after sports legends and/or beloved sports figures who have passed through Boston, you’re sure to find something for everyone. Bonus–lovers of curly fries will do a happy dance when their dish arrives piled high with crisp, hot, curly spuds. Favorites include:
- The Big Papi burger
- The Roger Clemens (grilled chicken breast sandwich topped with fresh broccoli, honey mustard and cheddar cheese)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mile High Nachos
There’s no kid’s menu here, but with a menu this size you’re bound to find something every kid can love. Entrees are large, so many kids can go splitsies. Don’t see something on the menu? Ask your server for ideas on what the kitchen can put together–from grilled cheese, sides of veggies, pasta options and more.
- Coolidge Corner Theater
- Brookline Booksmith
- Playground at the Devotion School
- Magic Beans
- JFK birthplace
- Boston University
- Boston College
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Changing tables
- High chairs (limited quantity)
- T accessible
- T accessible by the Green Line’s C Train, Coolidge Corner stop
- Metered parking is available along Harvard Street and surrounding side streets. There’s also several parking lots in the neighborhood.