- Neighborhood: Cambridge/Somerville
- Cuisine: Comfort/American
- Price: Affordable – Splurge. Appetizers $10-16; Entrees $16-32; Kid’s Menu $8-12
- Hours: Mon – Thu: 5:30 pm – 11:00 pm; Fri: 5:30 pm – 1:00 am; Sat: 9:30 am – 1:00 am; Sun: 9:30 am – 11:00 pm; Weekend Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
(open for coffee at 9:30am)
- Reservations: Yes
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, Toddlers, Kids
From the James Beard Award winning chef Tony Maws of Craigie on Main fame comes Kirkland Tap and Trotter, a casual neighborhood “gastropub” on the Cambridge-Somerville line. KT&T is drawing fans for its upscale comfort food, most of which is cooked on a special wood-fired grill. The warm interior with exposed brick, open kitchen and gorgeous bar is another draw. Add a kid-friendly vibe with a terrific kids’ menu and it’s easy to see why KT&T is also drawing families.
Outstanding. Families are greeted with smiles and kids are offered their own kid’s menu perfectly sized for little hands. Dine before 6:30 and you will find that the relaxed dining room is filled with families. KT&T has plenty of high chairs and kid-friendly cups with lids.
KT&T’s ever-changing menu features seasonal and local produce for the freshest dishes around. Menu is divided into “Small” plates ($10-$16), “Supper” or entrees ($16-$32), and “Sides” ($6-8). The main star are “Meats” wood fired from the grill ($24-$32). The beverage program is also getting rave reviews with a great selection of local beers, ciders, wine and seasonal cocktails.
KT&T also serves Brunch on the weekends with not your average brunch fare that includes KT&T Hot Dog Hash with a soft-poached egg and Hollandaise, and Turkish Breakfast.
- Grassfed Cheeseburger with kimchee Russian dressing on a housemade brioche bun
- Half Roasted Chicken (order 20 minutes in advance)
- Crispy-Fried Pork Ribs
- Sticky Buns
KT&T is leading the Hot Dog trend, offering Hot Dog Mondays showcasing local celebrity chefs’ hot dog creations. 50% of celebrity dog proceeds go to Share Our Strength, national charity working to end childhood hunger in the US.
As a dad, Chef Maws believes kids deserve quality food too. So while the KT&T kids menu include kid favorites such as hot dogs, pasta with meat sauce and fried chicken, this is elevated kid food. House-made hot dogs, fish and chips made with red snapper and meat sauce made from choice cuts of meat are just some ways this kid’s menu stands out.
- Harvard Sq
- Harvard Museums
- Inman Sq
- Museum of Science
- Porter Sq
- High Chairs
- Stroller Parking
- Changing Tables
- Kids’ Menu
- Markers for coloring
- Cups with lids
- Metered parking
- Nearest T stop: Harvard Square (10-15 minute walk)
- #83 and #86 bus lines: corner of Washington & Beacon Streets
- Hubway bike portal: corner of Washington & Beacon Streets