Spork Rating: 4
- Neighborhood: Metro West (Natick)
- Cuisine: American, Comfort
- Price: Affordable to Splurge.
- Hours: Daily 11am-9pm or later. Sunday brunch 11am-2pm.
- Reservations: Yes, via phone or OpenTable.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
Tucked into a corner of the Natick Mall between Nordstrom and Sears, The MET Bar and Grill brings a touch of swank and modern comfort food to Metro West. The interior feels a bit mall-esque, but the leather booths, dark wood and polished accents do a good job of eliminating the typical suburban restaurant feel. Sit in one of the spacious booths in the main dining room and you’ll find stadium-like seating that gives a clear view of the modern American comfort food being prepared in the open kitchen. Outdoor seating is available in the warmer months and the main bar and burger bar provide additional high top seating that bigger kids can enjoy.
The MET Bar and Grill is part of the larger MET Restaurant Group, with five locations in around the Boston area, including Chestnut Hill, Back Bay, Dedham and Nantucket.
There are no changing tables at The MET, but the Natick Mall bathrooms are diagonally across the main mall corridor and are the Cadillac of kid-friendliness. You’ll find 4 spotless family restrooms complete with changing tables and toddler-sized toilets.
Great. The staff is used to catering to families at this kid-friendly Natick restaurant and go with the flow, whether you order from the menu or make special requests to satisfy junior. The MET displayed creativity and origami skills to turn each kid’s menu/activity sheet into a crayon holder, presented to each little one as they settle in at the table. The host doesn’t miss a beat when groups roll in with 2 or more strollers, and will proactively seat your party in a spacious area where you can park the little ones right next to the table without folding up the strollers, or getting in the way of restaurant staff.
Traditional American comfort foods rule the menu at this kid-friendly Natick restaurant, but all with a modern twist. Think burgers (available as traditional beef, Kobe beef, turkey, falafel or salmon varieties) with toppings from around the world, big and tasty salads, butcher shop selections with a variety of sauces, and some MET entree creations to round out the menu. Some things on the menu change seasonally, while others are staples. Be sure to try:
- The flatbreads (the butternut squash and brussel sprout is a fall/winter must try)
- The burgers
- MET mac & cheese
The choices are the usual kiddie fare, but the ingredients are fresh. The portion sizes are one the larger size for kids and there are healthier options for sides, including steamed broccoli. Ranging in price from a $5 pasta to a $14 mini tenderloin, all items include a choice of drink and everything except the pastas include a side (or two).
- Natick Mall
- Shopper’s World
- Belkin Family Lookout Farm
- Natick Community Organic Farm
- Jordan’s IMAX Theater
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Stroller storage
- High chairs
- Valet parking (Natick Mall valet)
- Kid’s menu
- Garage parking is plentiful at the Natick Mall. Park in the small lot just in front of the MET and adjacent to Sears, or in the garage under Nordstrom.
- Valet parking is available for $8 and is located just outside of the MET entrance.