Spork Rating: 5
- Neighborhood: South Shore (Norwell)
- Cuisine: (Comfort)
- Price: Affordable. Appetizers $8-15, entrees $10-22.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 11am-1am, Sat 10:30-1am, Sun 10am-1am
- Reservations: No.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
Named after a poem authored by the owner’s father (who also owns Galley in Scituate and Bia Bistro in Cohasset), The Tinker’s Son is a well-loved kid-friendly restaurant in Norwell’s historic and adorable town center. Stop in any night of the week and you’ll find families, locals, and pub goers old and young all enjoying the cozy, friendly, Irish pub atmosphere and tasty fare. With live music 6 nights a week, this spot not only turns out tasty grub, but a great vibe that any family will love. With 3 dining areas, families can sit in the main pub area, or in two additional dining areas–all with enough space for the everyone to settle in nicely.
Need to get some wiggles out? Ask to be seated in the music stage dining room. When there’s not a band setting up, kiddies often jump up on the stage for impromptu dance parties, or just to enjoy the elevated view.
Don’t let the pub and music vibe fool you–the grub here also draws a crowd. The Tinker’s Son offers Irish favorites, more upscale entrees and the usual pub favorites, all guaranteed to please diners of all ages. Favorites include:
- Pork chop
- Guinness-braised short ribs
- Fish and chips
Going gluten-free? They’ve got a menu for that too.
The kid’s menu has the usual suspects, alongside a healthier option of tasty grilled chicken. While the standard side is chips (a.k.a. fries), they can be substituted for raw veggies, mashed potatoes, veggie or the day or rice.
- South Shore Natural Science Center
- Hornstra Farms and Ice Cream Stand
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Changing tables
- Stroller storage
- High chairs
- Kid’s menu
- You’ll need a car to get here, but once you do, there is plenty of parking in the adjacent lot.