Spork Rating: 4
- Neighborhood: Back Bay
- Cuisine: American
- Price: Splurge. Appetizers $8-18, entrees $24-50
- Hours: Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30am–2:30pm, Dinner: 5:30pm–10pm or later, Brunch: Sat & Sun 11am-3pm,
- Reservations: Yes. Via phone or OpenTable.
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
This kid-friendly restaurant doesn’t put all of its available tables on OpenTable. If don’t see the reservation you want online, give them a call and they may have a table available around your desired time.
Don’t be scared off by the entrance, which looks like you’re simply entering an upscale bar. Continue inside and to the left, and you’ll find yourself in Towne’s beautiful two story dining room that is sleek and modern while maintaining a certain coziness. In what used to be unused storage space for the Hynes Convention Center, Towne has carved out a happening spot with tasty food and a dazzling open kitchen. Better yet–the staff welcomes the little guys and the menu and drinks let the grown ups experience a little sophistication while dining with the fam at this kid-friendly restaurant.
Great. The staff is welcoming and accommodating.
The menu changes a bit seasonally, but always features fun twists on New England classic flavors and upscale American cuisine. You’ll find lots of naturally raised meats, seafoods and poultry with interesting preparations and lots and lots of lobster. Favorites include:
- Lobster anything
- The pork chop
- Steaks with your choice of sauces
Like most upscale spots, there’s no formal kid’s menu at Towne. But take a look at the menu and you’ll find lots of sides and starters that make the perfect meal for the little ones, including pizzas, soups and chowders, veggies and more. The wait staff can also make suggestions for non-menu items available for kids.
- Copley Square
- Boston Library
- Berkeley College of Music
- Hynes Convention Center
- Prudential Center and Copley Plaza
- Mary Baker Eddy Library/Christian Science Plaza
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Stroller storage
- High chairs
- Valet parking
- T accessible
- T accessible by 2 lines: the Green Line’s Hynes or Copley stops; the Orange Line’s Back Bay stop is a quick 4 block stroll away.
- Parking in Back Bay can be near impossible–especially on weekends. If you’re driving, park in the adjacent Prudential Center garage. Towne will validate for up to 4 hours of parking for $12. Towne also offers evening valet service, available daily from 4:30pm for a $19 fee.