- Neighborhood: South End/Dorchester
- Cuisine: Deli/Diner
- Price: Cheap Eats–Most items under $10, just about everything under $15.
- Hours: Sun-Wed: 6am-10pm, Thurs-Sat: open 24 hours
- Reservations: No
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, toddlers, kids
Having a hunger meltdown mid-Target run at South Bay Plaza? Skip the snacks counter and chain restaurants and get a real meal just around the corner at Victoria Diner. With a history dating back to 1949 and located at the intersection of the South End, South Boston, Dorchester and Roxbury, this Swingle-built diner is the real deal with checkered floors, counter seats and cozy leather booths. The menu was updated in 2013, keeping some of the old classics and mixing with some newer fare. Buzzing with activity at any hour of the day, you’re as likely to sit next to another family as you are to be seated next to a local politician or off-duty cop.
This is a very popular weekend brunch destination for all of the surrounding neighborhoods. If you find yourself having to wait, Clifford Playground is directly across the street. Dining with older kids? They might get a kick out of sitting at the bar stools and taking in the action behind the counter.
Mom or Dad hoping to catch some of the football game? The main dining room has plenty of flat screen TVs tuned to local sports action.
Great. This is a family and kid-friendly diner, and a long-standing part of the surrounding communities. The staff will offer up high chairs and booster seats with a smile while calling you “honey” and “doll”.
This is traditional diner food. You’ll find burgers and shakes, gleaming refrigerator cases filled with cakes, pies and custards, and just like its traditional diner cousins around the country, just about every other American comfort food is on the menu as well. Bonus for mom and dad–adult beverages are available. You won’t go wrong with:
- Anything on the breakfast menu
- Grilled Roast Turkey Reuben
The kid’s menu here has all of the expected items. Think grilled cheese, pasta and chicken fingers. Kid’s menu not calling your little one’s name? This kid-friendly diner offers also some great soups and sides to choose from.
- South Bay Plaza
- Boston Medical Center/BU Medical Center
- Castle Island
- High chairs
- T accessible
- Kid’s menu
- T accessible by:
- Commuter Rail’s Fairmount Line, Newmarket stop
- The number 8 and number 10 bus, Newmarket or Shirley St. stops
- Victoria’s Diner has a parking lot behind the restaurant. This fills up quickly on weekends, but there is ample additional street parking along Newmarket Square and Mass Ave.