Spork Rating: 4
- Neighborhood: Harvard Square, Faneuil Hall, Back Bay, North Shore (Lynnfield)
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Price: Moderate. Starters range from $3.95-$8.95. Huge bowl of ramen ranges from $9.95-$13.95. Main dishes: $11.95-$14.95. Kids dishes mostly $6.50 with complimentary kids drink.
- Hours: Mon-Wed: 11:30am – 10pm; Thur -Sat: 11:30am – 11pm; Sun: 12-10pm
- Reservations: Yes (for 6 or more)
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, Toddlers and Kids
Wagamama, a UK-based chain with over 90 restaurants in 10 countries, made it across the pond to MA (its first and only US outposts) over five years ago. Now with three locations in MA (Faneuil Hall, Prudential Center, Harvard Square and MarketStreet Lynnfield), Wagamama, which means “selfish” or “willful” in Japanese, brings westernized Japanese food in “sleek yet simple setting with helpful, friendly service and value for money.”
Fantastic. The staff at this kid-friendly restaurant is welcoming to young diners and kids are kept busy with their own Wagamama activity booklet.
Modeled after popular ramen bars in Japan, Wagamama’s is known for their huge bowls of ramen. Ramen dishes range from chicken, chili beef and seafood. The key is to slurp the ramen noodles to get the full flavor of the dish. Kids love this! There is also a selection of stir-fried noodle dishes and rice dishes with meat and veggies, ranging from mild to spicy. Wagamama’s fare is decent, filling and fast. And certainly a step above other fast food joints.
- Chicken Ramen
- Chicken Katsu Curry
- Yaki Soba
Wagamama’s kid’s menu (or mini menu for little grown ups) pretty much includes the same menu items from the main menu, but as smaller portions with a complimentary kid’s drink. Kids have their choice of meat or vegetarian, grilled or deep-fried, depending on the dish. Almost all kids items are $6.50.
- Harvard Square
- Cambridge Common Playground
- Curious George Bookstore
- Access for strollers
- Changing table
- Kids menu
- Take the Red Line to Harvard Square.
- Public parking available at metered spots or public lots and garages