(photo credit: Za)
Spork Rating: 5
- Neighborhood: Arlington (and Cambridge)
- Cuisine: Pizza
- Price: Affordable – 10″ pizzas $8-11, salads$7.50-8.50
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday 11:30-10:00; Friday & Saturday 11:30-11:00.
- Reservations: “Call Ahead” only
- Recommended For Dining With: Infants, Toddlers, Kids
Arlington has become home to many young families thanks to easy access to Boston, great schools and neighborhoods. Walk into the welcoming dining room with blackboard specials on the wall, roomy banquets and bistro windows; it is easy to see why locals flock to this kid-friendly restaurant in Arlington. Za (with a second location in Kendall Square) has something for everyone – gourmet pizzas, creative salads, craft beer and kid-friendly amenities. Like its Cambridge location, Za focuses on farm-fresh ingredients and inventive pies… or Za.
Great! Staff greets families warmly with high chairs and crayons at the ready at this kid-friendly restaurant in Arlington. There are often families with kids of all ages in the dining room. The noise level is just right for holding a conversation and forgiving for the occasional kid outburst.
Za’s menu consists of pizzas and salads highlighting farm-fresh ingredients. The menu (and specials) changes frequently based on what is in season. Pizzas are 10” personal-sized pan pizzas, which can be ordered with your choice of toppings or choose from their specialty pies. Some favorites include:
- Portabello Mushroom: Portabello Mushroom, Roasted Red Pepper, Caramelized Onion, Roasted Garlic, Mozzarella Cheese and Goat
- Za’s famous Mac ‘n’ Cheese Za
- Grilled Chicken: Grilled chicken, Broccoli, Caramelized Onion, Fresh Garlic, Diced Tomato, EVOO and Four Cheeses
While there is no kid’s menu, kids should be able to create a pizza to their liking. A 10” pie can feed 2 hungry kids.
- Capital Theater
- Arlington Center
- Minuteman Bike Path
- Easy entrance/access for strollers
- Changing tables
- Stroller storage
- High chairs
- Plenty of street parking
- MBTA 77 Bus toward Arlington Heights via Mass Ave